This blog is written as a way for me to express my feelings, thoughts and emotions as I go through life as a proud Air Force Wife!

Pages

October 27, 2010

WOW- What a Whirlwind!! ORDERS

Goodness- time is going by fast. It is so different with him home now. Still readjusting and getting used to things. He is used to just taking care of himself and I am used to making all the decisions. Sometimes is tough and we seem to be disagree a little more but it is getting better.

And we FINALLY got our much anticipated orders.

WERE HEADED TO RAMSTEIN!!! 

I am so beyond excited. It is weird that we finally have orders. I have been of course looking up tons of stuff and it can get overwhelming but it is worth it. The hardest thing right now is going to be selling our house. We will NEVER buy a house again while we are in the military.

The market is so rough right now and we only have a short time to make it happen. It should go on the market next week and hopefully sell soon. Such a stress just thinking about it. YIKES

Anyways- back to Germany. WHO has been there recently????

Dish the goods folks!

I need some good info. Base housing,  schools, cell phone service..........  You know- the usual stuff.  :-)

I kind of want to live off base but we can't decide. SO if you have been there do you prefer on or off base?????  You are going to be my poll. LOL

Have a fabulous week!  :-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been to Germany so unfortunately I can't help you but I'm sure there are tons of ladies out there that know a lot! I'm glad you're excited!!

Margeaux C said...

I'm so glad you're back!! I was starting to get concerned. Congrats on the orders, I'm obscenely jealous.

Chantal said...

Oh! I'm sooo jealous!!

Sammie said...

Congrats on finally getting orders...and overseas too since you wanted it so badly! We really hope to get overseas too when our turn for orders comes up. We'll miss you at the thrift store though! :(

3HappyHippies said...

Ramstein is a little America in Europe. They have amazing houses off base in that area so if you have the opertunity check out what you can. I know nothing of on base housing there. T-mobil was our go to service overseas but I know that in that area of Germany they offer other services. Explore, go to ITT and do as many trips as you can. Enjoy! Germany/Europe is AMAZING and better if you choose to make it so.

Unknown said...

How exciting for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

i think it's a personal preference and you really need to do some research before you get over here. Living off post here isn't like living in the states in a rental or apartment or anything.

You pay your electric bill once a year and one of my german friends said that most of the landlords will sneak in extra charges on your bill so they can pocket the money... and americans never know the difference because 98% of us aren't fluent in German or know how things really work off post.

We live on post out in the middle of BFE, but I like living in Germany.

Kathryn said...

Wow congratulations! We would love to be stationed there!

Melissa said...

I am sooo jealous, I lived at Ramstein from Kindegarten to 5th grade! ha a little while ago but I loved it!!! The base is awesome and like people say its like a little america in Germany. I do know since I have moved and they use euros now it is more expensive. YOu will love it though!!! There is an awesome restaraunt you will have to go to! Schnitzelhaus, the best schnitzel around!! and i know its still there since my dad has recently went tdy there...I hope my husband gets orders soon! lucky!!!

Susan Payton said...

Just blogging around this afternoon and found your blog. I love reading all the different blogs, especially military blogs, since my husband is 20 year retired military. Thanks for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Yay! Sounds exciting, mainly because you sound excited about it. Have fun learning a new place!

Nice to meet your blog, pop over to bigwords if you ever get a moment x

Post a Comment