This blog is written as a way for me to express my feelings, thoughts and emotions as I go through life as a proud Air Force Wife!

Pages

December 21, 2010

It's a lot of work to move overseas!!

Wow- life has been a whirlwind!!   Once we got our orders to Germany it has been simply chaotic.  So much to do and check and follow up on.

We finally received our official orders.  You really can't do all the super important stuff without those. Now we can finally schedule our household goods to be picked up and ship our vehicle. Plus add in the Holidays at the same time make for some serious chaos.

We took a trip home to see family and left our 2 dogs with them.  :-(   It will be a much easier move without them plus we can travel freely while overseas but I sure do miss them.  I fell like I lost 2 of my kids.  I am SOOOO thankful that our family was able to take them in. It is such a huge relief to know that good, caring people are giving them the love they need. It has made for a much easier transition then I expected for our daughter and me.

We still haven't sold our house but it IS the Holiday season. Not too many people looking to buy a house during Christmas. Luckily we have 2 prospect even though they want to wait until January.

I know that God has a plan and it all will work out.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. Remember to say a prayer for all our troops and there families left behind.

7 comments:

MAH said...

I hope your journey is filled with happiness! I know its a lot of work.. but it sure is a wonderful place! I have a few friends stationed there and they love it! Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Good luck with all the moving and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas :)

♥ Dani said...

Hope the rest of your move went well and that you're settling in! Have a Happy New Year!

Brittney said...

My husband is in the Air Force as well, we moved to Aviano AB in Italy last April. WOW, what a change! What base are you moving to in Germany? We were just up at Ramstein a few weeks ago, got snowed on!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move! I hope it went well. I haven't been on the blogger world much lately and I'm so far behind. Good luck!

Kami said...

I know I don't comment really- but I read your blog. My husband just left for Greenland for a year (until December of 2011) and after he returns, we head to Germany as well! Maybe we can meet! =) Good luck!!!

Keri@GlamorousArmy said...

Good luck on your move! Germany will be great.

Post a Comment