This blog is written as a way for me to express my feelings, thoughts and emotions as I go through life as a proud Air Force Wife!

Pages

August 5, 2010

Ten Commandments of a Military Spouse

During my Key Spouse training someone mentioned the "AF 101" handbook for Air Force spouses.

It is HERE

This is a FABULOUS handbook for any branch of the service even though it focuses on the Air Force.
By far my favorite part was the ten Commandments.

So here they are:

The Ten Commandments of a Military Spouse

1. Thou shalt not write in ink in thy address book.

2. Thou shalt not covet choice assignments.

3. Love thy neighbors from other branches of the service no matter how superior the Air Force may seem.

4. Honor all thy benefits for as long as they all shall live.

5. Be thou kind and gentle to retired, white-haired Commissary, Exchange, and Thrift Store customers, because someday thou too will be a retiree.

6. Thou shalt not threaten to, or kill thy children or spouse when your spouse is TDY or Deployed.

7. Thou shalt look for the best in every assignment even though the best may refer to “most childhood diseases in one year” or “record snow in one month’s time”.

8. Thou shalt remember all thy friends from all thy assignments with holiday greeting cards, for thou never knowest when thou may wish to spendeth the night with them while enroute to a new duty station.

9. Thou shalt not curse your spouse when s/he is TDY/Deployed during moving days, holidays, birthdays, or anniversaries.

10. Thou must never arrive at a new duty station and constantly speaketh about how much better thy last base was.


LOL  LOVE IT!!

 Which ones are you guilty of? I am definitely guilty of #10 BIG TIME- especially since I was in Florida before. #2 is big for me as well since I am awaiting our orders.

10 comments:

lola said...

So true! #7 cracks me up!

mountains-to-climb said...

I am SO guilty of #10!!!! But I'm growing to appreciate this duty station.

Unknown said...

This is so funny! Love it :)

Unknown said...

Love this!!!!

I am guilty of #9.

tootie said...

Ha! These are so true! I definitely need to learn to follow #2 :)

Lyzz said...

perfect, I was AF and Army and the hubby is Army, he's only been stationed here, I am guilty of #10. I miss washington!

Sammie said...

Ha, awesome! I keep forgetting we're both in Kansas! Since you're a key spouse, I'll have to remember that if I have questions :)

Kami said...

Oh man! This is totally true! I'm an AF wife, and I'm guilty of MOST! LOL! I'm a new follower... check my blog out: http://sanityandamilitarymama.blogspot.com/

and follow! =) I used this post as well, and tagged you in it!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I really like this one!
I think I am guilty of comparing every place to DLI in Monterey, perfect, loved it there.

Anonymous said...

I lost thy benefits much too early.

Post a Comment