This blog is written as a way for me to express my feelings, thoughts and emotions as I go through life as a proud Air Force Wife!

Pages

June 18, 2010

Summer Fun (chaos)

Well, my mom and son left earlier this week. My mom was able to come out and visit for 5 weeks. It was great to have her around and the kids really enjoyed spending time with her. When she left my son went with her. He will be back in 4 weeks. WOW- that is a long time. I really missed him last night when I had to mow our backyard that is 10K sq ft. YIKES- talk about tiring. We have a self propelled mower so that helps big time.

So my daughter and I are keeping real busy with her softball. She is playing 5 days this week and that includes a tournament on Sat which will probably be 3 games. I love that it is keeping us busy so time goes by faster. My brother and niece are coming to stay with us for 4 weeks starting next week. I sure love having company over- plus my brother can mow the lawn. wink wink

After my spider incident I have been on alert. LOL  Last night I went into the garage to get my mowing shoes. I am always paranoid that something started living in them since the last time I wore them so I always step on them and bang them to make sure I have no new friends in them. As I was grabbing my shoes I saw a BIG BLACK thing. Oh No- It can't be!! YES- it was huge and REAL! UGH All I had near me was wasp spray. You know how wasp spray is- it shoots really far and hard. So I spray the spider and it gets shot across the floor. Luckily I think it was already dying from previous perimeter spray I had done. It was moving slow before I shot it with wasp spray. I grabbed the broom and swept it out of the garage. YUCK!! That thing shriveled up and got on his back. My daughter started freaking out when i told her to be careful.

Spider Paranoi In Full Affect!!

3 comments:

Laina said...

Yikes! Glad you killed that spider! I probably would've freaked out too!

ThinkFeminist said...

Goodluck on your daughter's tournament! Have a terrific weekend!


Musings Of An Army Wife

Unknown said...

Yay for things to keep busy, boo for nasty spiders!!! EEk!

Post a Comment