This blog is written as a way for me to express my feelings, thoughts and emotions as I go through life as a proud Air Force Wife!

Pages

February 23, 2010

~Faithfully~

I never know what is going to spark that emotion in me that can break me down in a instant. Sometimes its driving by his work or seeing his uniform hanging in the closet, finding his favorite hot sauce hidden in the fridge, his razors in the cabinet or that song you hear on the radio.

Highway run
Into the midnight sun
Wheels go round and round
You're on my mind


Today it was a song- our wedding song!  He picked our wedding song, "Faithfully" by Journey. I liked that song but it wasn't really my choice for a wedding song. I let him pick since I did pick everything else and he really wanted that song. That song now means so much to me and is the best song he ever could have picked. At the time the words faithfully meant a lot to me and obviously to him. But now the other words are so important and true in our life.

Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sending all my love along the wire

Just hearing that song brings me to tears and breaks me down so fast. No matter what kind of a great day I might be having.  I am thankful that I hear that song. Even though it brings so much emotion to me it reminds me how much I truly love him.

Through space and time
Always another show
Wondering where I am, lost without you

I think about our wedding day and where we have come. We have been together for almost 14 years and I foresee so many more. I truly believe that him being gone a lot has made our marriage very successful. You can't appreciate what you have if you always have it. Every time he leaves my love for him grows so much stronger because I appreciate who he is and what he has done for our family.

Being apart ain't easy on this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscovering you
Oh girl
You stand by me

I look forward to rediscovering him and for us to be a family again and relearn all our crazy ways.  To buy a new  hot sauce--- so  it can get used again.

I'm still yours
I'm forever yours
FAITHFULLY

No comments:

Post a Comment