This blog is written as a way for me to express my feelings, thoughts and emotions as I go through life as a proud Air Force Wife!

Pages

May 27, 2010

Watched an F-15 get refueled

OMG!!!  I cannot explain how awesome it was to watch an F-15 get refueled. WOW!

The base had a spouse incentive flight and I was able to go. I missed the first one and they rescheduled because they never got up in the air. So I was able to make the next one- thankfully. They had 4 F-15's scheduled to come and refuel from us while we watched from the boom area. We took turns taking tons of pictures and watching the action. I HIGHLY suggest you take the opportunity if it comes available to go on a spouse flight. You can ask around and maybe someone will set one up. A commanders wife set it up and asked if they could make it happen. They were happy to do it since they want the spouses to be excited about the Air Force so we encourage our hubby's to stay active.  Here are some of the photos that I took.  :-)

Before we got on. It was VERY windy






                                                    He's just hanging out waiting his turn




Video I took while the plane was leaving.

6 comments:

Nittani said...

Wow, that is SOOOOOO cool! I'm super jealous!!!!

Anonymous said...

SO COOL!!!! I'm uber jealous that you got the opportunity to do that! I don't know if they do those kinds of things in the Marine Corps but I will have to check it out! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Skinnie Piggie said...

That looks like an awesome trip, glad you got to go after all!

Claudia said...

Wow - that is really cool!

Marissa said...

GREAT photos, Cheryl!! How cool :)

Anonymous said...

Curious what base your at for this flight. We Did the same thing in Okinawa. Some time we flew the spouse to Korea on a mission. Notince I said mission Lol but allow the spouses to go shopping

Post a Comment