This blog is written as a way for me to express my feelings, thoughts and emotions as I go through life as a proud Air Force Wife!

Pages

May 8, 2010

Yay for Mothers!! and new followers

I am SO excited! I am going to be picking up my mom  today for a visit. She will be staying for 5 weeks.  YAY I love company and more than anything I love my moms company. We always explore places and get lost while getting there. Although I do have a GPS now but maybe I wont use it just so we can have our usual "were lost" laughs.  One visit in San Antonio Texas we were lost so much we used every other turnaround area. We LOVED those things. At first we laughed and thought they were silly thing to have to make a U turn but once we needed them and needed them a lot we LOVED them. We laughed so much just trying to figure out how to get where we were going. Oh what fun. One visit in Florida we both signed up for a timeshare ( we later canceled). When we moved here she PCSed with us to see what it was like and stayed in a 1 bedroom hotel room with us- 5 people in one room.   So I look forward to what interesting adventure we will have this trip.

Of course tomorrow is Mothers Day. I wish all you Mothers and your Mothers a life filled with joy and happiness.

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I see then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile


Also, I am so excited about all my new followers.  :-)  I have not had a chance yet to check out everyones Blogs and follow you but I will.

MANY BLESSINGS!

6 comments:

Skinnie Piggie said...

sounds like you're going to have a GREAT time with your mom =) I wish my mom could come out for a visit, maybe someday.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your mama's visit!

Anonymous said...

Awwww I love mom visits! I haven't moved yet but I'm DREADING it since I know I won't be around her anymore. Hopefully she will still come and visit once in a while! =)

Rei said...

How wonderful that your mommy is visiting! I hope you cherish all the lovely memories! <3

Laina said...

Awwww, what a sweet post. I hope you have a great time with your mom. Sounds like you have some real special, memorable times with her :) I have that same special relationship with my mom too :)
I love your prayer poem too. It was very tender :)
Hope you had a great Mother's Day!
http://reflectionsofanavywife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, can I post a link to your blog on the official Air Force Live blog? Send me an email to let me know if that's okay! :) (email(dot)juliesblog(at)gmail(dot)com)

Post a Comment